mercredi 24 octobre 2018

The Corpse Fruit (2014)

Before Cyrille and I settled on "Lazytown", we were somehow akin to naming our 2014 release, "The Corpse Fruit".  In fact, we'd practically spent the majority of the creative duration with that title in mind.  My friend, Catherine was kind enough to entertain some collaborative ideas with us for the cover art.  She unexpectedly opted out, and for reasons only she would ever know.  At this point, Cyrille and I were kinda baffled about what may or may not develop in lieu of the circumstances.  You see, making music is fun for us and we simply enjoy the process, but we were slightly passed the mark where we really just wanted to see and hear our album 'come to life' so-to-speak.  My cousin used to say, "art is never finished, but merely abandoned".  I don't think those are his words, but I think this philosophy is universally embraced.  Regarding the music, Cyrille and I were a bit eager to stop giving fuss and attention to our efforts, having tinkered with the album for a year or more.  Mastering alone was a surprising, nine-month process.  Fortunately, Samuel came to the rescue and made something really nice for us.  Everything at that point seemed to move along more quickly.  The album title change was a very quick decision, too.  

...and voilà !